No#1 BROKEN-ENGLISH BLOGGER!

Gurkha Cuisine


Just now when I watching the Astro's foods channel and I all of sudden some question pop out from my mind!
We had Thai, Korean, Japanese, Indon, India, Malaysian, Chinese,Italian,Vietnamese cuisine here but how come the I don't see got Gurkha cuisine here one oh???? Have you ever try their food??? If I'm not mistaken I really never see there is any Gurkha restaurant here (correct me if I'm wrong)
I remember back in early 80's every year my parents used to bring us to Seria for the Gurkha's Fun Fair.
Oh come on... this one really no play play one. Really really awesome I tell you!!! So many things to see, play, buy and eat. I always remember they have this "Chop The Rats" is a really fun game to play. 
You can sit in the Tanker, watching the parachute show, Weapons Gallery..... macam-macam ada lah. I still remember my father bought one of the Gurkha Knife from there, of coz my favorite is their foods.
Until now I still remember there is 2 things I love to eat one!!! One is their "HOT DOG" and the other one is their "CURRY LAMB" 
Haiyo....... this two things I tell you don't play play ah!! Once you eat one time sure you addicted for your rest of your life. Me, my brother and sister so missing this 2 foods until now. We have almost 20 years already didn't eat this 2 things from their Fun Fair already man... How we wish to turn back the time and try one more time their foods. Seriously in the fun fair their food stall this 2 things really selling like hot cake one especially their curry lamb. My father always Tapao a big container back home for dinner.... Yumyum.. sia sia pun!!!!
Too bad this day their don't organize the fun fair any more. Don't know what is the reason but I really hope they can do it one more time.
Long time no eat Gurkha's food already, kinda miss it and so I went to search some recipes in the net and here are one I think is nice... Don't know my wife can cook or not lah.... Anyone out there have a Gurkha wife???? can borrow me to teach my wife how to cook this please!!!!!

Gurkhali Lamb Chili
INGREDIENTS
2 lbs. lamb chops (pork can also be used)
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
1 tablespoon fresh hot chili, minced
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons honey
2 cups red bell pepper, cut into 1-in pieces
1 cup scallion, cut into 1-in length
2 tablespoons cooking oil
5 dry whole red chilies
Salt and Pepper
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
Marinade:
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon timur (Szechwan pepper)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chili paste
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1/8 teaspoon asafetida
Salt and Pepper
DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl combine all marinating ingredients into a smooth paste. In a large bowl, pour the marinade over lamb pieces. Mix well, cover, and let marinate for at least four hours. Grill marinated lamb on a charcoal grill, occasionally turning until cooked through, about ten minutes. Cut grilled lamb into 1-in strips.